Porcini Mushroom Risotto
Recipe Cooking Instructions
- Heat vegetable stock until steaming, not boiling – you don’t want to cook your mushrooms whilst you soak them.
- Start soaking your Fresh Essential fragrant porcini mushrooms and whilst they are soaking chop ½ an onion as fine as you can but don’t stress too much.
- Add a little olive oil to your pan, (I think a wok works best for risottos), and then put chopped onions in a pan (medium to low heat). You want to sweat your onions out but you don’t want colour.
- After 5 minutes of sweating your onions, add the Arborio rice, and stir it in with your onions turning your heat to high.
- Remove the onions from your stock. DONT DRAIN. You need that stock. Just use a spoon to take the mushrooms out and roughly chop your mushrooms.
- Add white wine, about a glass to your pan. Cook all the alcohol off in the hot pan and then after a three to four minutes turn the temp back to medium/low.
- Add a ladle of stock and cook down, repeat the process until you achieve your desired rich risotto texture. Remember to use the stock you soaked your mushrooms in so you get all of the mushroom flavour.
- Add chopped mushrooms at the end of the cooking process, and then season to taste.
- Take off the heat. Add a table spoon of parmesan and fold in, and then do the same with a knob of butter.
- Ladle the finished risotto into a serving bowl and tap the bottom to run to the edges.
- Chop one additional porcini mushroom that is still dried until powdered and sprinkle on top.
- Garnish with pea shoots and parmesan shavings.
- Serve & Enjoy
Watch the “HOW TO” video HERE
- Fresh Essential – fragrant porcini mushrooms
- White wine
- Arborio rice
- Salted butter
- Pea shoots
- Vegetable stock
- Parmesan Reggiano
- ½ an Onion
- Olive oil
If you would like us to get in touch, please contact us and we will come back to you!